1. Production and marketing of foundation seeds (maize, cowpea, rice & soybean)
2. Marketing of certified hybrid seeds
3. Marketing of yellow maize grain ( P- GHANA)
4. Varietal development (sweetcorn & yellow corn)
5. Consultancy services for agricultural related projects.
Access to high quality, locally adapted, improved seed at affordable prices has long been recognized as a key part of the solution for increasing agricultural productivity. Improved quality seeds can deliver state of the art technology to farmers: higher yields, disease and pest resistant, climate change adaptation, improved nutrition, and longer shelf life. LCIC's firm believe is that easy access to high quality foundation seeds can revolutionize agricultural in Ghana. Currently, LCIC is producing foundation seeds of maize, cowpea, rice and soybean.
To become a world class seed enterprise and consulting centre that provides good quality foundation seeds, consultancy and training services for all stakeholders as:
* Our Customers: Your reliable seed business partner
* Our Stakeholders: The best enterprise to invest in
* Our Employees: The best place to work
* Our Regulators: The best seed centre for benchmark in
To develop and promote crop varieties suitable to tropical environments through research, seed production, training and extension services.
*Innovation and Creativity
*Corporate Social Responsibility
Our focus is on good quality foundation seed production and building and supporting seed sector participants as well as entities whose performance is dependent upon seed availability and quality, ranging from commercial seed companies, out-growers, agro-dealers, farmers, food processors, government entities, investors and donors in the seed sector.
• We are committed to building locally responsive seed systems using local talents
• We are guided by the values of integrity and transparency
• We are committed to seed systems that have been proven to work for farmers
• Our business activities are based on a triple bottom line philosophy:
1. Improve smallholder farmer and seed producer productivity
2. Build local talent in the seed sector
3. Be financially stable in order to sustain our work